The Synology RS820RP+ RackStation 4-Bay Rackmount Network Attached NAS Storage Enclosure is designed for businesses pursuing an effective and centralised data management. It comes with four (4) drive trays and four (4) 1GbE LAN ports, and supports an optional 10GbE network or M.2 SSD adapter card (sold separately, see accessories tab), providing fast data transmission and reducing IO latency. Powered by a 4-core processor, the RS820RP+ provides both high performance and scalable storage, ideal for file sharing across different platforms and data backup. Furthermore, the RS820RP+ is equipped with redundant power supplies to achieve service continuity.
- Pre-populated with 16TB of storage capacity (includes 4 x 4TB WD Red HDDs).
- 4-core, 2.1 GHz CPU with AES-NI support. 2 GB DDR4 memory expandable up to 18 GB.
- Outstanding 10GbE sequential performance at over 1,621 MB/s reading and 599 MB/s writing.
- Scale up to eight (8) drives with Synology Expansion Unit RX418 (sold separately, see accessories tab).
- One (1) PCIe 3.0 slot for a 10GbE add-in network interface card, or an M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card (sold separately, see accessories tab).
- Advanced Btrfs file system offering 65,000 system-wide snapshots and 1,024 snapshots per shared folder.
- Synology High Availability (SHA) providing continuous services with seamless transitioning between clustered servers.
Includes WD Red Hard Drives
This device includes the popular WD Red hard drive for NAS devices and is designed and tested for compatibility in the unique 24x7 operating environment for the demanding system requirements of home and small office Network Attached Storage (NAS). Built in NASware optimises power use resulting in significant power savings and lower hard drive operating temperatures. This improves the overall reliability and performance of the drive and reduces the NAS cost of ownership.
Hard Drive Vital Statistics
- Model Number: WD40EFAX
- Capacity: 4TB
- Speed: 5400RPM
- Cache: 256MB
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- Form factor: 3.5 inch
High performance storage with scalability
The Synology RS820RP+ is a 1U rackmount 4-bay network-attached storage solution designed for businesses requiring effective and centralised data management. It is equipped with a 4-core processor and 2 GB DDR4 memory, expandable up to 18 GB. The PCIe 3.0 slot supports an optional 10GbE add-in network interface card, or a M2D18 M.2 SSD adapter card (sold separately, see accessories tab), where the M.2 NVMe/SATA SSD cache can be used to boost system random IOPS.
With Link Aggregation enabled in a 10GbE environment, RS820RP+ delivers high sequential throughput at over 1,621 MB/s reading and 599 MB/s writing. Storage capacity of RS820RP+ can be further expanded with one (1) optional Synology Expansion Unit RX418 (sold separately, see accessories tab), providing a raw capacity of up 128 TB with eight (8) drives in total.
Ultimate backup solution
The RS820RP+ integrates various backup applications to safeguard your important data on any device with an intuitive user interface and durable storage technologies.
- Workstation/Server/Virtual Machine/SaaS backup
Active Backup for Business centralises backup tasks for virtual machines, Windows PC, servers, and rsync/SMB file servers and offers various recovery options to ensure lowest RTO. Active Backup for Office 365/G Suite is an on-premises backup solution for public clouds with a centralised dashboard, optimising storage efficiency through the single instancing and block-level deduplication technology.
- NAS backup
Hyper Backup comprehensively backs up your data to a local shared folder, an external device, another Synology NAS, an rsync server, or Synology public cloud service, Synology C2 Backup, to ensure data safety and availability can be achieved when a disaster happens.
- Computer backup
Synology Drive Client backs up your Windows, Mac, and Linux desktop devices to safeguard important computer files. The RS820RP+ is also compatible with Time Machine, allowing you to effortlessly back up your Mac.
Btrfs: next generation storage efficiency
The RS820RP+ introduces Btrfs file system, bringing the most advanced storage technologies to meet the management needs of modern businesses.
- Advanced snapshot technology provides schedulable and near-instantaneous data protection of share folders and iSCSI LUNs.
- File and folder level data restoration saves time for users who wish to restore only a specific file or folder.
- Flexible Shared Folder and User Quota System provide comprehensive quota control on all user accounts and shared folders.
- File self-healing allows Btrfs file system to auto-detect corrupted files with mirrored metadata, and to recover broken data using the supported RAID type of volumes, including RAID1, 5, 6, and 10.
Reliability, availability, and disaster recovery
System reliability is critical for business everywhere. The RS820RP+ responds to these concerns with wide-ranging availability and redundancy features:
- Synology High Availability ensures seamless transitioning between clustered servers in unexpected disasters and ensures that your services remain online.
- Snapshot Replication provides schedulable, near-instantaneous data protection, ensuring that your business documents in shared folders, virtual machines in iSCSI LUNs, or dockerised application data remain safe and available in a disaster.
- Redundant power supplies, system fans and network ports with failover support ensure continual service uptime.
- High reliability system design, including fan-less CPU heat sink and passive cooling technology, prevents single points of failure.
- Optional warranty upgrade is available (see accessories tab).